To start attracting buyers and retaining loyal customers, here are our 20 killer tips for creating a successful online store. These strategies cover how buyers experience each element of your online store to explain how each aspect should be crafted to attract buyers and drive up sales.
Major marketplaces, like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm, Shopclues, come with restrictive seller policies. These venues downplay merchants’ branding to maintain their own homogenous image.
Sellers with their own online stores play a different game. They have complete control over their customers’ experiences. Whether it’s rearranging product placement or highlighting a store sale, merchants can use their website to directly connect with their customers and encourage purchases.
But with so much freedom, online store owners may not know where to begin with curating their shop. By following these strategies, sellers can target customers’ interests through their online store so that their business stands out amongst less savvy merchants.
1. Engaging Web Design
2. An Awesome “About Us” Page
3. Partner with Other Brands.
4. Offer Excellent Online Support
5. Provide Popular Payment Options
6. Advertise on Social Media
7. A Useful, SEO-Driven Blog
8. Build Buyer Trust with Product Reviews
9. Make Your Site SEO-Friendly
10. Ensure Your Store is Mobile-Responsive
11. Track Analytics and Iterate
12. Offer Free Shipping.
13. Build Your Outreach List
14. Use Ready-to-Go Storefront Tools
15. Keep an Eye on the Competition
16. Use High-Res Photos.
17. Offer Incentives.
18. Encourage Social Sharing
19. Take Advantage of Email Marketing
20. Offer Generous Refund and Money-Back Guarantee Policies