FREELANCE WRITING: HOW TO START as a BEGINNER WITH NO EXPERIENCE (step by step monthly guide!!)

Wanna start a freelance writing business as a beginner? This video will walk you through how to get to $5,000/mo FAST! 🙂 Click here to get instant access to my FREE MARKETING CLASS FOR freelance WRITERS

Do you have any questions about building a freelance writing business / how to start freelance writing as a beginner? Looking for freelance writing tips from someone who can help you learn how to get paid to write? Drop your questions below in the comments!! 🙂

1. Jorden Makelle

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

HIIIIII FRIENDS! 🙂 Thanks for watching. Be sure to take my free marketing class for writers right here if you haven't yet! —> http://bit.ly/1kwritingyt (it'll teach you how to make your first $1,000 with NO EXPERIENCE!)

Check out the description box for even more free resources on freelance writing. And drop any questions you have about how to start freelance writing in the comments below!

2. Chelsie Wrath

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I’ve never related more to someone.

3. Issa Andes

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I love that the content in your video is so organized <3 And they're so inspiring and helpful!

4. Armaan Rajwany

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Do you need to have a business to freelance write on behalf and for companies? Can I just write and get published just for exposure and too keep a portfolio for future applications? I have some questions can I contact you and ask?

5. Irfan Ahmad

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

my boss is an asshole and i still work there 🙁

6. Yendal

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Niche is definitely a word you should learn to pronounce correctly

7. Jenavi Leaton

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I have not had good luck since I turned 18 , my first job was McDonald's – horrific , my second job was a call center and after I thought I had been there long enough I moved and got fired about 2 months later for wrongful termination, moving on 3rd job was a different job but had too leave before my 90 days because I had walking Phemonia ( not sure if I spelled that correctly ) anyways I had missed to many days and had resigned instead of getting fired , my next job was a pizza shop at the mall and let me tell you that was nasty !!!! There were rats , mold, bugs, and people the same age as me bossing me around not to mention throwing pans at me!!! My next job was a call center and I had stayed for almost 2 years but after they made me a sme they bumped me out because the girl my boss was sleeping with wanted to be a sme, so that sucked and then when we switched lines of business the put me with a racist boss who would talk about our team like we weren't listening and that were garbage all day and I would report him daily and HR would do nothing !!!! That man blamed me for everything and I had to quit I was walking on egg shells and he was trying to fire me and that eye twitch was also me when I was working there. Now I work at a shitty low paying call center who decides favoritism is the best way to go – I have bronchitis and a fever and makes me stay for the day who the f does not except doctors notes!!!!???

8. Jeffery Davis

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

How can I contact u for further advice

9. Are you child free? If you are, than it not awesome

10. Susie Salisbury

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi Jordan, thank you for the information! It sounds like you did not take any content writing classes. I like to write, but feel like I would need some training, any ideas on classes to get up to speed on content writing? I appreciate it!

11. Patel Yog

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

hello mam. please reply me. how can i do.

12. DubstepNL

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Wow you are beautifull, thanks for the advice !

13. Ade2Bee

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I’m not scared about writing, I’m not worried about my abilities, I am not arrogant, I just can’t find the niche

14. Christopher Bean

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi. I'm trying to find your freelance-writing website but can't. You talk about how effective it is but why can't we see it? Are you not a freelance writer anymore? Also, how do I find your portfolio tutorial? The link provided above and the section on your website entitled "portfolio tutorial" is all about setting up a website and different services I can purchase. You don't have a tutorial about putting together a great portfolio that "pops"? That's what I was expecting, seems mostly just like endorsements for web hosting and site builders which don't seem related to portfolios. In fact, you start by explaining how a portfolio and a website aren't the same thing but then don't mention portfolios again. Is there an actual portfolio tutorial available? Thanks! Loving the videos and advice otherwise!

15. 94tillinfinity

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

i've watched about 10 videos on freelance writing today and this video + your free class was better than all of them combined. thanks!

16. Julian Dominguez

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

What if I want to be the editor someone hires? As a print journalist, it comes very easy to me.

17. Andrew W

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

You said you got some clients from a high quality job broad, can you list some that are good to use?

18. Shimmy Jimmy

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I've worked retail at several places, overworked and underpaid is an understatement. I recently became a police recruit, had an accident, and had an epiphany during my downtime: "I'm not meant for any of this shit and I'm not happy." I more recently discovered the world of freelance writing and couldn't be more motivated. I'm tirelessly researching everything I can about it since I have no experience, so thank you for all of your videos and advice, it's a great help.

19. Lisa Gunter

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

working for ANYONE so they can go play is always a shitty job-if they hired you to help their business while they work, that's different. But nowhere in the universe did the creator ever dictate that you should be working for anyone other than the Creator!

20. Arnold Mumba

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Can trade apply as a good niche?

21. british american

​@t​

22. delhigod

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Thank you so much for this video, I needed it :-)!

23. HVMA Social Media

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

If you want to be successful, you must be willing to take risks and do things differently than everyone else.

24. pandorakid229

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Good thing you got fired! and your husband is lucky to have a rich lady like you!

25. Kirsti Edwards

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

oh my gawd, I've had a stress related eye-twitch for like a month now. this just got too real.

26. iPodFayne

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

For some reason when I enter my email in to sign up for the class the submit button just loads endlessly 🙁 Not sure if that's just happening to me, but here's a heads up in case something went down in the system!

27. Subhash Nisarta

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Thank you so much friend, I think we can make it work for us with coloboration each other and my future plan is good for us, meanwhile currently you are giving me a training class which I have seen yesterday, blogging blogger, blogspot and portfolio, I want to complete this project first, than we thought about next step but it is sure that I want to get writing skills that will be useful in many ways, my specialty is in three ? major trends as below
    1, Advertising—poster, banner, show card, visiting card, add Film, magazine add, press add, book cover design, package design, label design, symbol, Logo,new product campaign, older also, comic story,comic illustration, and every thing in design.
    2, WRITE-CONTENT writing skills, that would be helpful in screen shot, script writing,
    3,I have done film course so little bit do in that way in a future together with you just it is my target but what level it might be develop that is dependent on us. So we are doing well and I hope you so much for your health TAKE CARE OF IT.
    Thank you so much for your time and look forward.

28. rootsraf

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi! First of all, the videos I have seen of yours are really good, no BS! At this point I have figured out the necessity of having a niche and also that cold emailing is the way to go. My question here, having absorbed a decent amount of advice on this topic, is does the niche matter? It seems tech based niches are the most popular or most likely to be successful. I have a couple of areas I can exploit as a niche but my biggest passion/area of knowledge is film/cinema/TV/visual media and I wonder if this is too niche! Thoughts anyone?
    I should add, I am already cold emailing and brainstorming a blog on film and cinema and writing a lot to sharpen my skills and build some sort of portfolio

29. Ulises L

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi, How come you say by writing you can make so much money, and I see on Fiverr that an article of 500 words the writers are offering at 5 dls. This is too cheap!

30. ZAFAR QURESHI

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Sister you are just awesome!! I must say that you've got great skills to elaborate things and people like you are "Classical" match for these kind of ventures. Your family is lucky to have wife like you and mother like you!!! Hats off to you! Keep up the good work and don't quit teaching us and sharing your precious experiences. I'm thinking to start "Freelance Writing" but finding not much confidence to start with it!!! After watching your video, I'm pretty much encouraged and hopefully things would improve!!! Regards & best wishes.

31. Subal Roy

Hi Jordon,

I hope you're in the spirit and having a good time.

I'm a subscriber of your Youtube channel from India. Although we had a small conversation over there, I decided to ask you here all my queries.

I'm holistically motivated after hearing your success story and other student's case study. I'm currently working in an IT sector, however, I always have a dream of my own online business. Let me explain more, I don't have any experience of copywriting, content writing but I usually reply on Quora.com. Hence, you may get that I'm totally fresher into this course and career but I'm going to build a business so I'm here for your help. I'm belonging from a non-native English speaking nation along with no background experience in this field.

So my questions are:

How can I start my career in this field, whilst I'm from India not living in America? Is that possible to do the same business staying here in India?

I do not have any contacts, niche, idea, content, IT core insights so how could I start this to get success like you?

Will I get my full course fee money as a refund, if in case ask?

May I see some proof of your income from this field what you're saying $5k per month?

I'm from the very far away that's the way I'm asking these queries so that I can get full assurance of you and your course. Please do not take me in the wrong way, I have a very limited salary so I have to give a second thought before investing.

I hope you will come up with positive solutions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Subal Deb Roy.

India

32. Teen nine

I really need this video thanks jorden my goal is 200$ in this week

33. Stefan Puzic

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Jordan isnt IT and techology a huge industry with a ton of diffrent bussiness with diffrent services…right or am l missing someting?

Becouse, how l undertand the whole niching down thing is: You write content for one audience.

Now, for example, if i want to be a "saas and b2b marketing blog post writer," who do l write for? Theres a lot of diffrent saas industries with diffrent audiences, right, so should we niche down further?

34. Mr Limitless

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I cant think of anything more stressful than watching the Kardashian… (Joke)

35. DIY Wedding Designs

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I just got the course, but I see online about how much you can make copywriting and case studies, does your course teach how to do that? Or, is it more about how to market yourself if you already know how to do copywriting? Do you think copywriting is something a beginner can do? I know I'll learn marketing from you, but if I don't know how to do copywriting, why would anyone hire me? Thanks!

36. Jasmine Sroay

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hey, i will be taking up your course in late September this year.(as my exams will be over by then) I am so gld that I found you. I just took up your marketing class as well. I too, wrote for crappy websites that did not value my skills and your strategy seems like the best plan to me.
    Can you suggest what should I work on now (for example, in my linkedin profile, or website or twitter/instagram or sample posts) so I am totally ready and in sync when I start your course?
    Your opinion will be much valued xx

37. Ekim Essob

April 29, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Awesome as always.rad hair.wrote my first post ty