How To Make Money As a Freelance Web Developer

How To Make Money As A Freelance Web Developer.
As a web designer, working from project to project can cause cash flow issues. In this video, I’ll give you 7 real-world ways in which you can make both more and residual income to ease those money worries.

So, if you’ve ever wondered how to make money as a web designer, this video will help you get a head start on making more money.

1. Robert Mishovski

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

There is a huge difference between a "web developer" and a "web designer". A "web developer" is a software engineer focused on developing web applications where a "web designer" is a graphic ux, ui designer. However, your video is not related to neither of those. You may want to change your video title into "How To Make Money As A Freelance WordPress Admin".

2. Rex Burk

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

This is gold. I'm actually building a billing strategy based on this video right now in my notes folder. Fantastic man. Thank you

3. Jimmy Nkhata

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Perfect, i was waiting for this video. Honestly i have been struggling on how to charge my clients

4. mark angelo fancubila Garcia

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

hi guys i'm an anspiring web dev currently studying html5/css3 so which languages should i learn next?
    (i was working as a technical support but due to massive lay offs i was 1 of the unfortunate who got fired but due to family needs i seek urgent employment currently working as a pump attendant and now seeking to work as a freelancer(web dev) to provide a better future to my family)
    please help me any advice and tips would really help me………….thanks guys

5. Nelson Manzano

Nice tips, thanks!

6. Jim Hummel

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Wonderfully thought-provoking! Thank you!

7. movies trailers

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Please what about designing a blog and display google adsense…is it worthy paying since web developming isnt paying well in my area though i know it

8. Cyndee Adkins

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

I'd love to know what YOU charge for each of these things? Could I message you and we talk?

9. Mrs. Jaydot

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Interesting, thanks! I do most of it (except hosting) and the suggestion to charge differently for standard updates vs big upgrades is very useful! I'm already biting my nails over an upcoming Joomla (yeah, I don't use WP 🙂 ) upgrade, which I can't possible do within my normal maintenance plan. I'll certainly do that in the future! But how I'm going to explain this to clients who have had the normal maintenance plan for years, I'm not sure…

10. Susan Gemayel-Tapper

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

WOW thanks so much for great ideas, you're a gem Paul

11. James Burke

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Good video. I've ended doing all these things (except hosting) as part of the package. I do get clients to use their credit card for buying hosting and domain name as I got fed up paying then recouping money for these each year. Training is a good idea although they generally come back to me for updates. I will break down services and charge each separately.

12. WGM 247

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

I know it's Sunday today and not freelance Friday but I urgently need to implement a ticket tracking / help desk solution. I am using quicktick at the moment from codecanyon and it's working well but clients don't like logging into yet another something even for support. Other YouTubers recommend freshdesk.. do you use a helpdesk and can recommend one? Would be great to know before I go off and implement freshdesk… Cheers paul

13. DiviSmart

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Good info as always. Paul, care to share the written contracts, so we can tighten up the wiggle room before I get it translated into enforceable legalese?

14. Erika Huber

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

I’ve thought about offering software maintenance and content management. What is a typical price to charge monthly for both of these in the US?

15. Muhammad Sharjeel

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

2 more options you can add. 1 is affiliate link of hosting and domain. 2 is affiliate link of purchasing theme or plugin

16. Michael Gorman

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

I think one of the biggest problems among freelancers is 'sameness' – many project a generic, typical range of services. If you can differentiate yourself, and be distinctive, a much better result.

17. RKF Search Results

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Good video. Nice to finally see your face. Yes, actually I've been providing hosting via my re-seller program from my host.. Though I included stuff you are charging extra for and i should do that too. Though I became aware that there is really more demand for marketing. Especially Google marketing using GMB. That and the 3-pack. So now focusing on that and using that as lead-in for addressing their websites. If their not using WordPress pointing out that their loosing out on half of what Google can do for their website if using WordPress.

18. WGM 247

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Paul do you have a website that sells these various services as it would be great to see how you sell these services 🙂

19. WGM 247

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Love this freelance Friday slot. Great info and advice. Quick question…who do you personally use for reseller hosting? Thanks Paul

20. Louis

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

excellent video. as always.

21. Germain Rodriguez

22. Slinky

May 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Great video as always Paul! Helps me a ton. ??